Wednesday 2 November 2011

My visit to Ian MacLeod in Guanajoato

I flew from Mexico City
to visit an old friend from Edinburgh. Ian MacLeod moved out to Guanajuato 30 years ago and has been there ever since.


Guanajuato is an old silver-mining town. It is the state capital and a university town. It is very colourful, and the architecture is very interesting.






I was there during there during the annual art and music festival.


Vendor selling bread in the street.

Ian and Gitte in front of a Danish poster, as there was a Scandinavian input in the festival.
View outside Ian' s house.


Ian is a Scottish cowboy in Mexico!


Steve, Judys daughter,s (Judy is Ian wife)is showing artwork at local market

Interesting posters.







Judy Dunbar, Ians wife is in charge of the house hold.

Jamie and Nancy Dunbar live next door to Ian and Judy. Jamie is Judys son . Here they are cutting Nan's birthday cake.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Great photos - I especially like the ones of you and me, Steve, Judy, and Jamie and Nan which I've saved (with your permission, of course!) on my desktop for sending to family and friends. I'll credit you and link your blog, if that's OK?

    ReplyDelete